The best tricks to win at Blackjack 21
Blackjack is one of the most popular games in casinos, both physical and online. Known in Spain as 21, this game offers the smallest house edge of all the games on offer. In addition, there are a large number of rules that are unknown to many, but that make the difference when it comes to winning or losing.
Blackjack, like poker, is a game of skill in which you can succeed with a little experience and the right tricks. If you are new to this game, play Blackjack 21 and little by little you will understand everything behind its rules. But, first of all, take note of the following tips, which will give you a great advantage to get the most out of your bets.
THE BASIC RULES FOR PLAYING BLACKJACK
– Blackjack is played with 52-card French deck decks. Between 1 and 8 decks can be used.
– The value of the cards is very important: the ace can be worth as much 1 as 11 points, from 2 to 9 they maintain the value of their number, while 10, J, Q and K are worth 10 points.
– The objective of the game is to get 21 points or Blackjack, without going over and without the opponent exceeding the score that you have obtained.
– After the bet, the dealer deals two cards per player and another two for him. The dealer shows one of his cards face up and the other, called the “hole card”, leaves it face down.
– If the card shown by the dealer is an ace, insurance is offered to the players. With this insurance you pay 2 to 1 if the hole card has 10 points.
– If the dealer’s card is an ace or a 10, he will pick up the other card to see if he has hit a Blackjack. If this is the case, they lose all bets except insurance, unless there is another player with Blackjack.
– After the first turn, the dealer reveals his hole card. If it has less than 16 points, draw another card. If it exceeds 21 points, the players who have not lost will win.
TRICKS TO PLAY BLACKJACK 21
Basically, what you need to know to increase your chances of winning is when you have to split, double down, hit a card, or take insurance. Take note of the following tips to improve your results playing Blackjack:
– Always divide the pairs formed by aces (AA) and eights (8-8).
– Divide the pairs formed by 2, 3, 6, 7 and 9, as long as the dealer’s card is not a 7 or higher.
– If you are 11 or under, ask for a letter.
– If you have 12 to 16 points, ask for a letter when the dealer’s is 7 or higher.
– It is not advisable to ask for a card if you have a strong hand of 17 points or more.
– Ask for a letter if you have a soft hand of 17 points or less.
Keep in mind that when we speak of a strong hand or a soft hand we refer to the value of the ace in our hand. Soft hands are in which there is an ace worth 11 points along with cards of values between 2 and 7, where the total score can be up to 18. Instead, we refer to hard hands or strong (“hard”) when we ask for a third card and the ace has a value of 1.
WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
– Do not split pairs made up of cards with a value of 10 points (10-10, JJ, QQ, KK).
– Buy insurance, since the probability that the dealer has an ace is quite high.
– Do not ask for a letter if you have 19 points with low cards.